Information Required by Section 26.18, Texas Tax Code and Section 2051.202, Texas Government Code
Click here for information about the District as required by Section 26.18, Texas Tax Code, created by Senate Bill 2 (also known as the Texas Property Tax Reform and Transparency Act of 2019) and as required by Texas Tax Code 2051.202, in compliance with House Bill 1154.
Name of the District (Section 2051.202)
Spring Creek Forest Public Utility District
Name and Term of Office for Each Board Member (HB 305, Section 2051.202)
R.W. (Rick) Kehlenbach, Term: May 2026
Wayne Cherry, Term: May 2024
Tom Buffington, Term: May 2026
Kennon Evett, Jr., Term: May 2026
Howell Hubble, Term: May 2024
Contact Information for Main Office of District (Mailing and Physical Address, and Phone Number) (HB 305, Section 2051.202)
2727 Allen Parkway, Suite 1100, Houston, Texas 77019
Official Contact Information for Each Board Member (Section 2051.202)
Same as contact information for main office of the district.
If Applicable, Name of the General Manager (Section 2051.202)
The Name of the Person Representing the Operator, Including a Mailing Address and Telephone Number (Section 2051.202)
Marlon Ivy & Associates, Inc.
P.O. Box 9, Spring, Texas 77383
The Name of the Person Representing the Tax Assessor/Collector, Including Mailing Address and Telephone Number (Section 2051.202)
P.O. Box 73109, Houston, Texas 77273-3109
The Rate of the Ad Valorem Tax (Section 2051.202)
- 2022: $0.428
If Applicable, the Sales and Use Tax Rate (Section 2051.202)
Any Tax Rate Hearing Notice (Section 2051.202)
- Notices of Public Hearing on Tax Rate
Location and Schedule of Meeting of the District (Section 2051.202)
Monthly on second Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. at 2727 Allen Parkway, Suite 1100, Houston, Texas.
A Statement that the Residents Have a Right to Request a Designation of a Meeting Location Within the District (Section 2051.202)
Residents of the District have the right to request the designation of a meeting location within the District under Section 49.062(g), Water Code. A description of this process can be found at https://www.tceq.texas.gov/downloads/water-districts/forms/form-20863.pdf.
Each Meeting Notice and Minutes of Meetings for the Current Year and the Preceding 12 Months (HB 305, Section 2051.202)
Information about the District’s agenda and minutes are available by clicking on this link.
Financial Information (Section 2051.202)
- Annual Financial Report – 2022
- Annual Financial Report – 2021
- Annual Financial Report – 2020
- Annual Financial Report – 2019
- Annual Financial Report – 2018
Conflict of Interest Disclosures (Texas Local Government Code Chapter 176)
Energy Consumption Reports (Texas Government Code Section 2265)
Landowner’s Bill of Rights (Texas Government Code Section 402)
Information regarding the Landowner’s Bill of Rights can be found on the Texas Attorney General’s website.
Election Information (HB 305)
Elections – Bonds
The District does not have an upcoming bond election.
The next election for the District will be held on May 4, 2024.
To be qualified to serve as a director, a person shall be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the district or be a qualified voter within the district.
Director candidacy filing requirements and deadlines are as follows:
To run for election to the District’s Board of Directors, a person must file an application for a place on the ballot. The application must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his designated agent by mail, fax or in person. An application may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-21f.pdf.
- Texas Ethics Commission – Forms and Instructions
- First day to file for place on May 4, 2024 general election ballot is Wednesday, January 17, 2024.
- Last day to file for place on May 4, 2024 general election ballot is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 16, 2024.
- A person may run for election to the District’s Board of Directors as a write-in candidate and to do so must file a declaration of write-in candidacy. The declaration must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his/her designated agent by mail, fax, email or in person. A declaration form may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-23f.pdf
- Deadline to file write-in candidacy declaration for May 4, 2024 general election is by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 20, 2024.
The location(s) of the election will be posted upon determination.