Trash and Recycling Provider Information
Residential Recycling & Refuse of Texas, Inc. (RRRTx) is the garbage and recycling provider for Spring Creek Forest PUD. Each residence is provided with one container for recyclables. These recycling carts are the property of RRRTx and will be maintained by RRRTx.
If you have a trash issue, call (346) 248-5222 to report the issue.
Residential Garbage Guidelines
- Spring Creek Forest P.U.D. has contracted with our company to provide the Trash and Recycling service in your area starting October 1st, 2018.
- Residents provide their own trash containers.
- Trash service days are Tuesday and Friday.
- Items must be placed Backdoor (visible from street) by 7:00 am. Items inside gates will not be picked up.
- Up to six (6) cans of properly contained household waste each weighing less than forty (40) pounds will be accepted for weekly pickup.
- Yard waste items will be collected Each resident is allowed up to ten (10) bags of yard waste per service day. Limbs and yard waste will not be collected backdoor.
- All trash and yard waste should be placed in sturdy plastic bags weighing no more than 40 pounds each.
- All branches and tree trimmings should be no more than 3 inches in diameter and no longer than four (4) feet in length. Bundles must be securely tied and weigh less than 40 pounds each placed Curbside.
- Bulk items/heavy trash will be picked up on Friday. There is a limit of two (2) items per household.
- Excluded items: It is illegal to transport any hazardous waste in a trash truck and dispose of it in a landfill. Hazardous waste includes: medical waste, toxic or radioactive waste, any appliance containing Freon, acids, car batteries, dead animals, and chemicals of any kind, car parts, car tires, and construction trash (includes concrete, large quantities of carpeting, fencing, rolls of carpet or any construction type material or debris). Other excluded items include: Large pieces of glass (must be broken down in smaller pieces and placed in a closed box and labeled), large sofas and sleepers over five (5) feet in length, furniture with metal frames and other metal items, improperly contained animal waste (animal waste must be placed in a sealed bag to be serviced).
- Excluded Liquid Waste – Toxic or radioactive waste, Freon, paint, acids, petroleum products or filters are not accepted, cooking oil, or chemicals of any kind.
- Any CFC (Freon) item must be properly tagged by certified technician that all Freon has been properly removed in accordance with the Federal Clean Air Act regulations. If items are not tagged, they will be left at curb.
- Bulk items which are too large for Contractor to put in with the normal weekly pickup may be collected separately upon request. Party requesting service will be billed separately at a negotiated price depending on size, quantity and handling required to remove and dispose of item(s).
- Holidays observed are: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If the holiday falls on a scheduled pickup day, service will resume the next scheduled collection day following the holiday.
Please Do Not Put Trash in the Recycling Container
Residential Recycling Guidelines
- Residents will be provided with an 18- gallon recycling bin. Residents may use ANY type of container that has a recycling emblem or one of our recycling emblem stickers which you can get upon request from our office (346-248-5222). A 48 -gallon cart can be delivered upon request.
- Recycling service will be every Tuesday.
- Items must be curbside by 7:00 a.m.
- There is no need to sort your recycling items – all items can go into the same recycling container (not the trash container).
- No black bags will be accepted for recycling items.
- Newspaper, magazines, catalogs, annual reports
- Clean pizza boxes, soda and beer boxes
- Envelopes, junk mail, paper bags
- White or colored and fax paper
- Telephone books, paper egg cartons
- Carbonless forms, tissue role cores
- Shredded paper strips – (please tie tight in a clear / see through /light blue plastic bag
- Glass bottles – coke, beer, wine, food jars
- Corrugated cardboard boxes, cereal, food, detergent, pet food, etc. (Please break down larger boxes)
Please rinse out any residue prior to placing in recycling bin
- Soda, juice, and beer aluminum cans
- Tin/steel food & pet food cans
- Aluminum foil, pie pans, and trays
- Metal jar lids
(If plastic item is recyclable, there will be a recycling emblem on the bottom with a number in the center)
- Plastics # 1 – #7
- Milk, juice and cooking oil jugs or cartons
- Thin plastics – newspaper covering, dry cleaning covering, plastic grocery bags, etc.
- Fresh Vegetable / fruit containers
- Soda & water bottles
- Dish, shampoo, lotions, soap bottles
- Bleach & detergent containers
- Household cleaning containers
- Butter & ice cream tubs
- Yogurt cups & microwave trays
- Clean plastic flower pots
- Prescription pill bottles (please double check recycle # on bottom and must wash out residue)
Items Not Accepted
- Electronics Computer Parts
- Ceramics, Mirrors, Porcelain, Pottery or Commercial Glass
- Light Bulbs Medical Waste
- Wire Hangers
- Paint Cans
- Used: Paper Rowels, Paper Plates, Diapers