Information Required by Section 26.18, Texas Tax Code and Section 2051.202, Texas Government Code
Click here for information about the District as required by Section 26.18, Texas Tax Code, created by Senate Bill 2 (also known as the Texas Property Tax Reform and Transparency Act of 2019) and as required by Texas Tax Code 2051.202, in compliance with House Bill 1154.
Name of the district (HB 1154)
Spring Creek Forest Public Utility District
Name and term of office of each member of the governing body (SB 2, HB 305, HB 1154)
R.W. (Rick) Kehlenbach 05/08/2018 – 05/07/2022
Wayne Cherry 05/02/2020 – 05/04/2024
Janet E. Frakes 05/02/2020 – 05/04/2024
Tom Buffington 05/08/2018 – 05/07/2022
Kennon Evett, Jr. 05/08/2018 – 05/07/2022
Contact information for main office of district (mailing and physical address, and phone number) (SB 2, HB 305, HB 1154)
2727 Allen Parkway, Suite 1100, Houston, Texas 77019
Official contact information for each board member (SB 2, HB 1154)
If applicable, the name of the general manager (HB 1154)
The name of the person representing the operator, including a mailing address and telephone number (HB 1154)
Marlon Ivy & Associates, Inc.
P.O. Box 9, Spring, Texas 77383
The name of the person representing the tax assessor/collector, including mailing address and telephone number (HB 1154)
P.O. Box 73109, Houston, Texas 77273-3109
The rate of the ad valorem tax; (HB 1154)
If applicable, the sales and use tax rate; (HB 1154)
Any tax rate hearing notice; (HB 1154)
Location and schedule of meeting of the district (HB 1154)
Monthly on second Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. at 2727 Allen Parkway, Suite 1100, Houston, Texas.
A statement that the residents have a right to request a designation of a meeting location within the district (HB 1154)
Residents of the District have the right to request the designation of a meeting location within the District under Section 49.062(g), Water Code. A description of this process can be found at https://www.tceq.texas.gov/assets/public/permitting/watersupply/districts/Form-20863.pdf.
Each meeting notice and minutes of meetings for the current year and the preceding 12 months (HB 305, HB 1154)
Financial Information (SB 2, HB 1154)
Conflict of Interest Disclosures (Texas Local Government Code Chapter 176)
Energy Consumption Reports (Texas Government Code Section 2265)
Landowner’s Bill of Rights (Texas Government Code Section 402)
The next election will be held on May 7, 2022.
Director candidacy filing requirements and deadlines are as follows:
- To be qualified to serve as a director, a person shall be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the district or be a qualified voter within the district.
- To run for election to the District’s Board of Directors, a person must file an application for a place on the ballot. The application must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his/her designated agent by mail, fax, email or in person. An application may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-21f.pdf
- First day to file for place on May 7, 2022 general election ballot is Wednesday, 1/19/2022.
- Last day to file for place on May 7, 2022 general election ballot is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, 2/18/2022.
- A person may run for election to the District’s Board of Directors as a write-in candidate and to do so must file a declaration of write-in candidacy. The declaration must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his/her designated agent by mail, fax, email or in person. A declaration form may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-23f.pdf
- Deadline to file write in candidacy declaration for May 7, 2022 general election is by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, 2/22/2022.
The location(s) of the election will be posted upon determination.